Mar 23, 2013

My Chemical Romance

My Chemical Romance broke up today.

I found this out four hours ago and I'm still in the shock/denial stage of grief.

I have spent my entire evening on Tumblr lamenting with fellow members of the MCRmy and it was actually really nice because the MCR fandom is usually quiet but motherfucker we were all over the fuckin' place today.

I'm still sort of refusing to believe this though and every time I come across another bit of evidence that yes, this shit is true, it's like another huge blow to my face.

When I first found out, I had to hold back tears. I immediately went to Tumblr to connect with other fans. I slipped The Black Parade into my CD player and tried my best to sing along, but I was choking up too much, especially with Welcome to the Black Parade, the first MCR song I ever heard.

My Chemical Romance was the first band I really, truly fell in love with. They introduced me to alternative music as a whole. They taught me that it's okay to not be okay, that being a freak is not a curse but a blessing, to stay true to myself, and to keep pushing through rough times because there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. They helped me be myself, even if that meant sticking out like a sore thumb. This band has been a miracle in my life, and now that they're done I don't know what to do.

The one thing that pisses me off was how they told us they split. This is the post they left us.

Are you fucking kidding me?! So cold, so blunt so near-emotionless. Just one paragraph. Twelve years of amazing music and moments with fans and touring and time on the road and recording and four albums and their farewell post consisted of a single fucking paragraph. I expected more of them. I'm disappointed.

But I still love them to bits. They make amazing music with a fantastic message and they had such a great connection with their fans. Their motto was "MCR saved my life," because it saved Gerard Way's life twice and it saved countless other fans' lives.

They had a great run. I hope they don't totally disappear.

I wish them luck in the future.

*quiet sobbing*

No comments:

Post a Comment