Jun 24, 2018

New Simself Legacy

As promised, I took photos of my simself starting anew in Bridgeport (town chosen by a friend because I'm an indecisive dolt). I just finished playing the game for three hours without stop, and god damn have I missed this!! I made it through a week and a half of gameplay.

First day there I had Caitlin go to the library to meet some locals and they met Suzy Strummer of the Drama on TV household.


The two of them hit it off well immediately, and within the one evening alone Caitlin found out three of her five traits! They found out a fourth when they had their first kiss (it was the Great Kisser trait) :) They started going steady that night.

 Caitlin works in the education career and Suzy is a grocery clerk, so they had to wait until after 7:00 for any dates. They went on a date two days later at the Bridgeport Sports Zone, but didn't spend much time inside. Caitlin popped a wish to watch the stars with Suzy, so that's how they spent most of their night. They picked a dumbass spot, though, with this fucking pole out front right in between the two of them.

They went out again later that week, meeting at Eugi's to play some shuffleboard before retiring for work the next day. Caitlin gave Suzy some flowers before calling it a night :)



They went on a date to the butterfly emporium that Saturday and Caitlin proposed!! It's only been a week, I know, but fuck off! We all know that this is Sim time, and I definitely could have put this on a more ridiculous fast track to holy matrimony.

More wishes to watch the stars, so they finished the evening stargazing through the glass dome.

Wogan Hemlock invited Caitlin to this party because they completed an opportunity that involved making him a sculpture. It was a pool party, even though he lives in an apartment building with no pool ???????? Caitlin danced for a little, but went home for work at a decent time since it was a pretty boring party :/





Here's the happy couple, getting married in the dark because they had to wait until the evening for the ceremony due to work hours!! Most of the guests are just Caitlin's co-workers from school.

I didn't catch cutting the cake because it went by quickly but here they are with the first slice.

Suzy after doing some party cleanup, very excited about her shiny new wedding ring :) That's her drum set in the back. It was in her pocket when they got married, along with a car (fuck yeah).

I gave her a bit of makeover, keeping her general aesthetic but making it look way nicer. Her hair before wasn't completely awful but it was pretty plain, just short and plastered to her head, so I gave her some nicer short ringlets (Florence by Elexis). I didn't bother changing her makeup because it's passable, nothing outlandish. This is the top from her formal outfit. Next time I'll take some CAS pics of all her outfits.


Happy couple gettin' snuggly and talking about common interests!

Caitlin the next morning also expressed much excitement about the marriage!!

Here is where I left them, the afternoon of their second day of marriage. They both got time off work so they're working on skills for their lifetime goals, One Sim Band and Renaissance Sim respectively.

I would like for them to start a family soon, especially since Caitlin's birthday is six days away and Suzy's is eleven. I would strongly prefer to have them have biological children, but I had a little issue with a mod earlier and decided I'd just deal with it when I actually needed the damn thing. I was attempting to use CmarNYC's Pregnancy Progress Controller (which I believe is the mod I was using before for this purpose), but when I loaded up my game after installing the latest version, as soon as I tried to load a new town, my game crashed >:( My game is completely up to date, version 1.69, and I'm fairly certain that's where it was before. I did notice some big changes to the launcher upon reinstalling my game however I have no fucking clue how any of that would affect the pregnancy mod. Regardless, it crashed my game, so I had to take it out and I'll be on the hunt for a new one. Suggestions are welcome!

On the topic of CC not working, I immediately noticed when taking pictures that Caitlin's earrings are not appearing properly in-game. I have yet to check if it's just a weird switch-up in CAS or if they're really just glitchy pieces of shit. If they really aren't displaying properly, I may switch to using that layerable piercing set to give Caitlin a labret piercing in an earring slot instead, since that's the closest I'll get to a vertical labret at this point.

I'm visiting family tomorrow but I will definitely try to get some more play time in with these two, hopefully with a working pregnancy mod installed so they can start a family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment